Acquisition of the Baton Rouge Storage Portfolio offers two exceptional self-storage assets along high-traffic thoroughfares and residential zones within the city. This rare opportunity provides multiple advantages through its impeccable locations, high occupancies and ability to manage the two close-in-proximity facilities together to reduce costs. Located approximately 1.4 miles of one another, each facility features strong visibility, convenient access to the city’s heavily-frequented interstate highways and an array of amenities with major residential communities and a commercial district in proximity of each.
Of the two self-storage facilities, the portfolio has 1,091 total units across 119,797 net rentable square feet and 8.1 acres of land. The well-maintained properties are secured with computerized video surveillance, gated access and optimal lighting. The subjects feature a tenant insurance program for an additional revenue stream and state-of-the-art security features. With solid locations along frequented roadways, the portfolio boasts a physical occupancy of 89.7 percent and an economic occupancy of 96.8 percent. The Jefferson Facility offers strategic access to Airline Highway, which has a traffic count of over 16,000 vehicles per day. The Coursey Facility offers direct ingress and egress to and from Coursey Boulevard, which demonstrates a traffic count of over 23,000 vehicles per day. Additionally, both facilities offer convenient access to and from U.S. Highway 61 and are within two miles of Florida Republic Highway, which sustain traffic counts of over 53,000 and 105,000 vehicles per day.
Consisting of 49,490 net rentable square feet on an estimated 4.09 acres of land, the Jefferson Highway facility maintains 496 units ranging from 25 square feet to 300 square feet. The facility currently sustains physical and economic occupancies of 90.9 and 103.5 percent and offers direct access to and from Airline Highway Service Road. The facility is ideally situated in a dense residential corridor with several national retailers within close proximity.
- Significant Market Footprint in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the Second-Largest City in the State and Lauded for its Economic Achievements
- Strong Portfolio-Wide Physical and Economic Occupancies of 89.7 Percent and 96.8 Percent, Respectively
- Both Facilities are Surrounded by Highly-Active Residential Corridors with Large Commercial Districts that Continue to Expand and Flourish
- Portfolio Boasts State-of-the Art Amenities, Premium Security and a Wide Variety of Storage Options to Match the Market’s Demands
- Tenant Insurance Sales Offer an Additional Stream of Revenue in Place
- Newly-Renovated Office and Manager’s Apartment at the Coursey Boulevard Facility with New Painting, Lighting, Electric, Ceiling Tiles and DVRs
- Major and Minor Capital Improvements Made Across the Portfolio to Ensure a Solid Market Presence and the Best of Competitors
- Conveniently Situated Near U.S. Highway 61 and West Florida Parkway/Interstate 12, Which Report Daily Traffic Counts Exceeding 53,000+ VPD and 105,000+ VPD